Pages

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Busy

Is anything more boring than listening to how busy someone is?  Probably, but it is tiresome.

And we all do it. 

Last night I was making dinner and Adam and Emma called on their drive home and I just launched into all the things and how swamped I felt.

It didn't help that it was getting dark and I still needed TIME.  It can not be this late already!

One of the things that had me hassled was that I am seriously trying with my ministering assignment and I feel like I am seriously failing.

After having my texts completely ignored, I just decided to stop by at a lady's house yesterday afternoon.  I had a gift in hand, because how can you say no to a gift?

She told me she was busy.  She practically shut the door in my face.

Hmph.

We're all busy.  It doesn't preclude you from basic manners, right?

After I talked to Adam and Emma, I realized the irony of feeling bugged by someone too busy to talk to me when I just lay out all my busy-ness to them.

Ugh.

It's hard to be a person.

I resolve to be a little kinder when other people are busy and a little less frantic when I am busy.

I'll try.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails