Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Inside outside upside down

There's what I think and what I say:

I am ready for you to leave.  Go home.  Go home. Go home.

Of course I will help you find your sweatshirt.

It is two weeks past the deadline for the form to be turned in.

I will ask if you can still do Battle of the Books.  

If you would listen, you would understand it.

Come over to my desk and I will help you.


Sometimes I don't do such a good job editing what I'm actually thinking and it accidentally comes out of my mouth:

Quintessential Tattletale Girl:  Teacher, the lights in the girls' bathroom are turned off

Me: Do you know how to use a light switch?

Quintessential Tattletale Girl (looking chastened): Yes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! My go-to statement when a student asks for help with something they could figure out for themself..."BE A PROBLEM SOLVER!" Of course I say it in the most kind, patient tone I can muster. "Teacher, I can't find my ____(fill in the blank)..."Be a problem solver". Teacher I can't ______ (fill in the blank)..."Be a problem solver". I say it multiple times a day, often it works!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails