Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

It was a Monday

I woke up with a headache (which I resent).  I was about five minutes late for school (which I hate!) but at least Matt was walking in at the same time as I was.

I realized I had before school traffic duty.

My eyes were feeling allergic again, so I looked tearful and felt annoyed by them.

I still had a headache.

We had testing and first the internet wasn't working, then I didn't have a fellow proctor because of a mix up, then my student who doesn't speak any English was supposed to have it in Spanish, but just kidding, it actually needs to be in English.  I had two students absent and testing always feels stressful + a lot to manage.

We're still having intense conversation about next year and it is...intense.  I had a low key confrontation with another teacher and I hate that too.

Everything was out of sorts all day long.

After school we had an opportunity to get a $40 gift card in exchange for completing an hour long survey from a BYU student about our science curriculum.

Almost every teacher did it.

I did not.

I needed an hour to calm the crazy in my classroom way more than I needed $40.

It reminded me of Fried Green Tomatoes, when Kathy Bates character said she was older and had more car insurance.

Same.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Sorry you had a manic Monday. I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails