Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Living the actual dream

Things I love:

blossoms on the trees

the green hills

sunny days

my class

being a teacher

School has been downright fun lately.  We laugh a lot and we read a lot and they tell me jokes and show me magic tricks and I love it.

While lining up for library, one of my students showed me how her book had medals on it.  One was a Newbery Honor.  I explained what Newbery Awards were.  I told her about Miss Hickory which is the wackiest Newbery I've read.

She checked it out at the library.

The secret to getting a kid to read a book is to tell them you dislike it and that is science.

Another student was reading Wild Animal Facts and did you know that narwhals don't have a horn, it is actually a tooth?

I was 51 when I learned that.

I also got hiccups yesterday and my students told me to "search it up on my phone" how to get rid of them.  Search it up on your phone is their answer to everything and anything.

I read that if I pressed my index finger between my upper lip and nose and breathed slowly for 20-30 seconds, my hiccups would go away.

I tried it.

They all tried it along with me.  I said, "You don't have hiccups!"  Solidarity though.

And it worked!  My hiccups went away immediately.

It's a small little life in the walls of an old and very un-fancy classroom, but I wake up every morning happy to go back and that feels like a gift.


1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

I love your way with words, Thelma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails