Pages

Monday, April 22, 2024

Weekend


Friday was the typical situation where Adam and I were tired puddles of exhaustion.  We went to Marley's for dinner and there was a band playing outside and a lot of men in leather jackets milling around the Harley Davidson store that is connected to Marley's.  Adam walked through and looked at some motorcycles.

I can't even list all the reasons that make that a no.

Adam said, "Wasn't it fun in college when you rode behind your friends on their motorcycles?"

I had to admit it was.

Also, such a big no.

We looked at all the shiny objects though and then went home and went to bed like the sensible middle aged people we are.

Saturday was a big chore day.  Adam and I prioritized our list for our house in Nevada and categorized.  We did errands.  We contemplated the future of our deck cushions.  We came up with a curtain solution for a bookshelf in Nevada for when it is fly season.  We get very invested in bizarre projects.

While I did my chores, Adam and Mark tried to wash the robin detritus off the windows.  It wasn't easy and there is still a little remaining.  They used the power washer multiple times and Mark scraped the windows with a dish scraper but it was stubborn. They are thinking some enzyme spray will do the trick.  

We found ourselves at Winco at 9:00 PM, when we finally got around to grocery shopping.  We decided to divide and conquer to make it quicker.  There is a definite stream of traffic at Winco and I went the opposite way to meet Adam in the middle.

It reminded me of when Mark would get kicked out of Smalland at IKEA and I'd have to go upstream to get him.

Yesterday I taught Sunday School.  It makes me nervous every time, but I feel like I am learning a lot.  It is good for me to think about it and talk about it so much.  I immerse myself in the lesson because I don't want to look foolish in front of everyone, but that immersing is blessing my life.

Mark was sick again on Sunday.  He sent me these texts.



It is sobering to think about how vigilant he has to constantly be and to know that sometimes things just go awry despite his best efforts.  

He upgraded to a new sensor yesterday which is awesome because it is way smaller, taking up a fraction of space on him and he said it didn't hurt at all when he attached it.  All of that change and rigamarole messed him up though and he went really high and it made him sick.

Sigh.

I can't even tell you how few nanoseconds it would take me to take that away from him if I could.

Like I told him, God isn't thinking, "Oops...that got away from me."  He knows Mark and what Mark needs. 

This I know.

Marie Louise came over and after a long hiatus we worked on family history together.  It felt so good to be together again.  It's been several years since we worked (she showed me her list that is seven and a half pages long with her tiny handwriting of names of women whose temple work she has completed since we last worked together) and it was amazing to me that some of the names were still familiar to me.  There would be a married couple with record issues we were resolving and I would say, "Oh, that's the one that is related to you. I remember."  They have sunk into my brain.

She insists they're "our" family, not just hers.  She tells me that we're building an army on the other side to help us.  We fantasize about taking a trip to Berkshire together someday where all her family are from in England and we imagine meeting them all in heaven someday.

And she also makes fun of my American pronunciation.  

There's some of that too.

I went to a bishopric training meeting because they wanted the wives and then we had our kiddos over for dinner.

It was a good weekend, but I need a week of school to rest up after it!




1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love the way you put that: God isn't thinking, "Oops...that got away from me." I love Mark's diligence and your faithful motherhood.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails