Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A tale of two deliveries

Well, it's a tale of only one delivery.

In January, I got my new temporary driver's license.  They were going to mail the hard copy.

It never came.

I looked into getting it sent again and one place told me to wait three months before contacting them and one place suggested 8 weeks.

Are they attaching it to a carrier pigeon and just sending it in the general direction of Pleasant Grove?!?  Have they decided to live up to the nickname snail mail?  If it's snails you want, it is snails you get.  

I imagine the snail has not made too much progress from the DMV at this point.

It didn't ever come, so Monday I called and after the usual array of phone menus and button pressing, I finally got a person.  She seemed very unconcerned that my license had never arrived.  She said they would send another one.

She said, "And if it doesn't come in 8 weeks, call back.  We will send it again."

How often does it not work?  This staggers my mind.  How unreliable is our mail?

Also on Monday, my little retractable keyring/ID badge holder that I clip onto my waistband broke.  I need it so I got on Amazon and ordered another one.

When I got home from school...it was on my doorstep.


1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

That was so good Thelma. It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails