Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Weekend-Sunday

Before we went to sleep on Saturday night, Adam said, "Oh, I can turn my alarm off!"

Happy day!  Every Sunday his alarm goes off at 6:15 and it was really nice that he didn't have a 7:00 AM meeting to attend.

At 6:15 his alarm went off.

I was cranky about it.

I said, "You didn't turn it off the right way."

Adam said, sleepily and apologetically, "I did!"

We both went back to sleep and a few minutes later, his alarm went off again.

This time I was even more grouchy, thinking he had pushed snooze the first time.  I said, "Give me your phone!"

Adam, a little more awake this time, recognized that was not the sound of his alarm and realized it was Find My Phone instead.  Mark was trying to get ahold of us.

If I had been more awake, I would also have realized that was not Adam's alarm and I would have recognized the fact that if one of us doesn't know how to use their phone, it would be me, not him.

Mark was south of Nephi, UT, on his way with his friend Marek to hear another friend speak in church.  He had an indicator in his car telling him to check the battery charge.  He wondered if that was a deal breaker for the trip.  Adam told him to make sure he had the car charger and he did.

Then Adam and I both started googling on our phones and saw that it could be the alternator and others lost complete power after getting that indicator.

We called Mark and told him he'd better head home. 

A few minutes later, he called back and he had completely lost power and was stranded on the side of the road.

As Marianne said when I told her, we really set ourselves up when we have kids.

Adam got a tow truck and I found a repair shop in Nephi.

Mark called several people for a ride from Nephi.  Emma was sound asleep and couldn't be roused.  (I have tried to wake her up in person with great difficulty so I can see how a phone wouldn't do the trick.). Mark called Hyrum, but Hyrum was in Nevada.  Finally he got their friend Jimmy to give them a ride.

I hardly know Jimmy, but I will appreciate him forever.

Adam and I were on the way to church when Mark called again.  He said there was no drop box to leave the key.

Not interested in taking an extra roadtrip to Nephi to leave the key, I called the towing service associated with the repair shop and we landed on Mark leaving the keys on the front tire.

Mark said, "What if someone takes it?"

I said, "I wish them luck.  It won't start."

So that was an exciting start to the day and we have a roadtrip to Nephi in our future.

Church was good.  I loved hearing Ruben and Olivia speak and I loved hearing Liliana and Ruben and Marcos sing.  As a bonus, my mom taught Relief Society and I always love hearing her teach.

I will remember forever what Olivia taught me about not missing the other miracles while you are waiting for a different miracle.

After she spoke, I leaned over to my parents and said, "You did a good job with that one."

My mom said, "We did a good job with all of you.  You are all great."

Of course she would say that, but Olivia is pretty top notch.

After church we had a nice lunch at her house and I loved being there with my parents and sisters and aunts and uncles and nephews and nieces and a whole raft of Ruben's friends.  

Adam and I left before either of us wanted to, to get back to Utah.  I never want to leave when I'm there.  

We had a nice drive back, talking on the phone with various family members while we drove.

It's a good life.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Thanks so much for coming! It's always wonderful to have you here in the neighborhood, and your coming means a lot to us (to say nothing of how well you trained me on how to use my awesome birthday gift from you).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails