Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Leaning towards autumn

 We took a short walk before dinner last night.  We talked about something we were looking forward to.  Adam and Mark said they were looking forward to watching the Seahawks game.  I said I was looking forward to not watching the Seahawks game.

No shade on the Seahawks, I just had stuff I wanted to do.

I watched the opening with them.  I'm neither from Seattle nor a big Seahawks fan, but I saw the love letter they were writing to Seattle and to Seahawks fans.

They celebrated their Super Bowl win with Kam Chancellor as emcee.  Nirvana was playing when the team ran out.  They had a guitarist from Pearl Jam play the national anthem.  Richard Sherman raised the 12 flag and hyped up the crowd.

Mark said, "Ladies, get you a man that loves you like Richard Sherman loves a crowd."

I said, "Ladies, get you a man that loves like a loyal Mariners fan."

It's easy to be a Seahawks fan.  They win.

I love that Adam and our boys doggedly root for the Mariners.

Fighter jets flew over Lumen Field and I left the boys with their chicken wings and veggie tray and went upstairs to do my stuff.

I liked all the spectacle.

And I liked some quiet time.

One of the things I wanted to do was put away the summer pillows in favor of the autumn pillows.  I used to be all in for seasonal decorating.  Now I mostly just shift the pillows and a few things.  I want it to feel like the season we are in, but I don't want it to feel like Hobby Lobby.



When I went downstairs for pillows, there was a commercial, so I enlisted Adam and Mark to carry stuff up and down the stairs.  

I boxed up the summer pillows and Adam went to take them downstairs.  He asked, "Where do they go?"

I said, "Mark knows."

Ladies, get you a son who knows where the seasonal throw pillows go.

No comments: