Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Wild sky, sweet kids

 I would say it is all bonding us together.

In the workroom yesterday after school, we were making copies and waiting our turn for the copiers and grousing with the 4th grade teachers.

We had another (false) fire alarm.  We didn't evacuate, because we figured it was false, and I think this is how "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" started.

Still no air moving.

It was in the 60s outside so I kept my door propped open, which is a big no no, but come at me.

There was lightning and a huge clap of thunder during afternoon recess so they all ran inside in a panic.

Then we talked about it (because the trauma!).  The same student who wondered what to do if the sidewalk was on fire the day before, wondered what to do if the school was on fire and there was lightning outside.

I suggested in that scenario, to go outside and lie down flat because lightning strikes the highest thing.  Let's just hope those two events don't happen at the same time....

After all of our airing of grievances, Alissa said what we all feel:  I just want to teach.

We'll get there eventually, hopefully.

Everything isn't gloom and doom.  My class is such a good little class.  I don't know that I've ever bonded with a group so quickly.  They are funny and bright and none of them irk me (which is kind of amazing).  What is even more amazing is that every single parent has signed up for parent teacher conferences and that has NEVER happened.  If they all actually come, I may throw a parade.

I hope the rain continues.  I hope it turns to snow.  I hope the heat works better than the AC.  There's nothing wrong with hope.



No comments: