Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I have a Mary Engelbreit calendar in my school room.

Here's the picture for November:


All month I've wondered about this choice of Mary's. Why not a cheerful fall/harvest/Thanksgiving picture instead?

Yesterday it all became clear.

I was sitting by Mark who was toiling away on some assignment.

I looked up and saw the calendar and felt like it was a mirror reflecting my face.

Too much to do.

Unreasonable expectations.

Holiday projects.

My house was a mess.

And it was raining.

Always with the rain.

Must. Change. Attitude.

It's too bad there's not a holiday that reminds me to pause and shift my attitude.

Be grateful.

Be grateful for the circumstances that allow me to be home with my children...struggling along through pre Algebra, science, phonics, history.

Be grateful for creative projects that make life more interesting and fulfilling.

Be grateful for my house which shelters me from the cold and wind and rain.

Be grateful for the rain because the next day, when it's sunny (!), my heart positively sings.

Hmmmm. If there were just such a holiday...

I think Mary Engelbreit knew what she was doing when she made that calendar picture. Because grumpy should be grateful and November is just the right time.

3 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

You are so clever and wonderful!

Janet said...

I wish I looked that cute when I am grumpy. :) Thanks for the reminder . . . I am grateful for it.

Laura Beth said...

It is ironic that you put that picture on your blog because just yesturday I was at Jessen's aunts house(she has the same calendar) and she asked me who that picture reminded me of and without any hesitation I said June, our dear neece who carries around that expression quite often. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails