Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Yin and yang

Saturday morning I woke up and saw this text from Adam on my phone:




He had talked about it the previous day.  He said there was a meteor shower that would peak at 2:00 AM.  I said I couldn't think of very many things I would be up for at 2:00 AM and stargazing was definitely not on the list.  Sounds cold.

I had no idea they had gone though because I was sound asleep.  Adam and Emma are night owls.  I don't know if they can stay up late because they have the ability to sleep in or they sleep in because they have the ability to stay up late.  Whichever talent they possess, our boys and I don't share it.  They both could sleep in a little as teenagers but they're up pretty early.

Saturday morning I also got an early phone call--in the 8:00 hour.  As I was going to find my phone, I thought, "It must be Braeden, no one else would call me this early."

And yes, it was Braeden.



*
**

Further proof of opposites attracting:

We are hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year.  At last count in the ever changing guest list, we are having twelve people.  Mostly they are our kids' college friends but we've never met a few of them.  I am nothing if not a planner so I have been planning.  I assembled a binder (yes, with page protectors because anything with page protectors makes me happy).  I have a menu, shopping lists, timeline, recipes, plans, plans, plans.

Things ramp up this week and I have tasks to complete every day.  The biggest day will be Wednesday when I bake pies and rolls and set the tables and prep everything.

Last night, Adam and I were talking and he was asking when the kids get out of school.  No one has school on Wednesday.  When Adam realized that, he said, "Hey, maybe we should go to Great Basin National Park that day."

After a stunned silence I said, "Are you kidding me right now?"

"Oh, right.  Never mind."

I mean, hasn't he seen the binder?!?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails