Pages

Friday, April 7, 2023

Grateful Friday

Like all good holidays, this one is moving too fast.  It's been so nice to wake up when I wake up and move gently through my To Do list.  

Yesterday, while Adam worked, I went on a walk with Olivia and my mom (Marianne is living her best life on a trip to South Carolina).  I did a little laundry at my parents' house.  I did a little cross stitch.  I built an end table from IKEA (and kept having to wait until Adam finished his meetings so he could help me tighten things).  I messed up the drawer runners so he fixed it at the end.  I said I wouldn't try building anything else.

Except in the evening we built two nightstands.

In full disclosure, while I'm talking about interrupting Adam, I got a little stuck backing out when I was driving over to my parents' and he came and pushed me out.

I think having me here is really helping his productivity.

Among my other projects, I am going through my computer and cleaning up things.  I was deleting photos I no longer want and saw a picture I enthusiastically took of the first snow in October.  I was so young and innocent back then!

I also saw pictures I took of my students on Halloween.  As ready as I was for a vacation, I miss those little faces.  I'll be happy to go back to be with them.

I'm grateful for this beautiful little spot we have to be together and find respite.

I'm grateful to be close to my family and to have easy daily interaction with them while we are here.

I'm grateful Emma and Mark are coming tomorrow to spend Easter here with us.

I'm grateful for Easter.  I'm grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful that He suffered for our sins and sorrows and is able to understand and strengthen us.  Here's another thing I found, that I had saved on my computer:  There is a success that can compensate for failure in the home, the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  

I don't know who said it; it was from Women's Conference at BYU in 2015.

"God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."


2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

You say things so well, Thelma.

Olivia Cobian said...

We love it when the Davises are in town!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails