Pages

Friday, May 5, 2023

Grateful Friday

Teacher appreciation week is kind of like a weeklong Mother's Day.  It's very sweet.

There are the students whose mothers send things that are very kind.  I got scissors and plants and sticky notes and an Amazon gift card.

I also got notes from students and flowers they picked on their way to school.

One boy has worn the (increasingly dirty) same red shirt all week because red is my favorite color.

I was walking in the school yesterday and a girl ran out of the cafeteria where she was eating breakfast and said,  "Teacher!  Here!"  She handed me a droopy dandelion.  She said, "Hurry, it's falling."


I stuck the hodgepodge of plucked flowers in water.

My bulletin board border is slipping, but since I'm moving classrooms this summer, everything just needs to cool its heels until then.

Some of them come up to me and tell me that they wanted to bring something but their mom said they couldn't.  "It's fine!"  I say.  "Just be kind to me all day and that will be your Teacher Appreciation gift."

Time is slipping away with this group.  There were 576 days in January and May feels like there are only about 12.

I'm grateful to be their teacher.  It is hard and makes me crazy and oh. So. Tired. But I love it and I'm grateful it is my life.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails