Pages

Monday, October 2, 2023

Weekend

Saturday was a collision of General Conference, all the regular Saturday things, extra yard work because it was time + Adam was home on a Saturday, and we're hosting a party tonight at our house.

(Note to self:  don't do that on the Monday after a busy weekend if school is in session.)

Also, we were on the docket for cleaning the church again because it was a five week month.  Adam did that while I went to the grocery store in the 8:00 hour.  When Adam told me who was at the church, it was definitely the STP.  One of our former bishops taught us the acronym.  Same Ten People.  They are the people that you ask when you need someone to clean the church for the second time in a month on the day of General Conference.  I guess Adam is one of those people and I am not....

At least I married well.

Our kids helped a lot between sessions with the pruning and the gathering of limbs.  I helped a little outside but also cleaned the kitchen and did laundry and watered my plants and went through the mail.  Between the second and third session I went to Hobby Lobby and Walmart (ornament supplies for my class and party supplies for tonight) and we met up for dinner at Via 313 which has the best gluten free pizza and which was promised to our kids for their good help.

I went to bed in the 8:00 hour and was happy to do it.

Sunday was all set up to be more restful, but then I had a migraine.  I took my new migraine medicine.  My doctor said I may not want to use it while I'm teaching.

A lot of my migraines happen at school.

Anyway.  It was pretty effective at getting rid of the migraine.  It took about an hour, but then I felt super weird for a few hours.

Nobody wins with a migraine.

I did enjoy conference though.  I always feel a mix of encouragement and like I want to do better.  I also made all the ornaments for my class which has become my October conference project.

It was a lovely weekend and I enjoyed having Mark around and of course Emma too.  They are helpful and kind and add pizzaz.  I don't know what more I could want.

Yes, I do. 

Braeden and Anna and QE.  Braeden sent a video of QE watching the "conference pre-game show."  Every time a temple was on the screen, she got really excited.  I've said it before, that girl could do anything and we would all applaud.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm glad you were able to ward off the migraine, and good job with all the things! I hope your party goes well tonight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails