Pages

Friday, October 13, 2023

Grateful Friday

Yesterday was rough.  It was the final day of parent teacher conferences so it was also long.  Some parents have zero regard for details like signing up or coming the time they were assigned.  They just show up randomly and I scramble to get everything in order.  

I think I'm organized ahead of time, but it is always chaotic.

Which is how some of my students' lives seem to be.  I feel a big mixed bag of emotions:  annoyance with the behaviors of the students and their parents who can't GET IT TOGETHER, sadness that things are so hard and confused by the unfairness of it all.

Braeden sends me pictures of QE and she is sitting in a sunlit and clean apartment, looking at books contentedly on their couch.  She is comfortable and safe and loved and protected and surrounded by books.  She is delighted by pictures of Christ and by seeing temples and there has never been a more adored little girl.

People have vastly different mortal experiences and that is all.

Last night I talked to Braeden and he told me that he and Anna were talking about something similar recently.  He said, "I had an epiphany."

When he says that, I sit up and pay attention.  He said that thinking about the hard time Anna had giving birth to QE, it was pretty terrible (and any mother can relate).  He said as more time passes, it feels less and less terrible.  It still happened; it was hard, but living with and loving QE has erased the sting of it all.

He said that helped him understand how it will be when the Savior someday heals us and makes everything right.

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Revelations 7:17 


 I'm grateful for all this job and this life (and my children) teach me.  

Also:  I'm grateful Adam is currently on his way home and we get to go to Nevada.  Fingers crossed for clear weather because we will have an eclipse passing right over us!  I have a pack of eclipse glasses and I want to use them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails