Pages

Monday, September 9, 2024

Weekend

 It was a good one.

Saturday I talked to Olivia (nice), had a phone call with my instructor from WGU (helpful) and worked on my capstone.

I told Adam I am like a horse who can see the barn and I want to be done. My last bit is the multimedia presentation.  I could never be a podcaster.  I don't like the sound of my own voice.

I also watered and pruned my plants which is restorative to me.  I like the rhythm of it and I like checking in on everybody and seeing if I need to make any adjustments.

Adam sat down with me and taught me how to record myself presenting my powerpoint slides.

Later in the afternoon we went to Provo.  I dropped Adam off at the Provo Rec Center and he and Emma and Mark swam.  I went to the library and worked on my capstone.  Then I got to a stopping spot and my neck was feeling a little stiff so I decided walking around would be the move.  I went to JCPenney and maybe I just need to go with my grandma and sisters again.  I used to love going to the mall with them and now it is just kind of lame.  I walked around, uninterested, and went next door to Target and bought some prizes for my classroom from the little dollar aisle.  

The store clerk was very enthusiastic about my purchases.  She said everything was so cute.  I said, "I teach 3rd grade and these are for my prize box."

"Of course you do! They are perfect."

Maybe she is an 8 year old on the inside.  Maybe we all are.

I met up with the rest of them for dinner and we had a very good time visiting. 

Late Saturday night, when I was almost going to bed and Adam and I were contemplating the sadness of him being gone for two solid weeks, he said, "Why don't you fly to Orlando next weekend?"

We'd talked about it a few times already and it felt like a long ways to go for a quick weekend.

Adam found some flights that would only cause me to miss Friday afternoon.  We texted Emma to see if she wanted to go too.  We got intermittent responses from her since she was at a concert--one of her main pastimes. 

We decided to go!

You wake up in the morning, anticipating a long quiet slog of home alone for two weeks and you go to sleep with a trip in the near future! The consequences of being married to a spontaneous man are many and varied.

It makes the prospect of Adam being gone for two weeks much more palatable.

Sunday afternoon I drove Adam to the airport and then stopped at Emma's to eat and plan our trip.  

I won't be golfing when we are there.  I talked to Adam this morning and he was looking out his window at the golf course and there was an alligator in the water hazard.

Gives whole new meaning to the hazard in water hazard....





2 comments:

Marianne said...

How exciting! Robert and I were hiking Saturday and made a plan to hike rim to rim in the Grand Canyon. We're doing it October 22. It's nice to have grown kids and be able to do what we want!

Olivia Cobian said...

Two empty-nesters against one full nest. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails