Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

When you can't make this stuff up

 During math, they were working in groups on whiteboards and one girl had spent the entire time writing the group name very decoratively and hadn't done any math.  All the other groups were finished.  I erased the name and told her to do the math.

Friends, she sobbed, sobbed, for 30 minutes.  She had her head on my desk sniffling and shaking and every time it seemed like she was calming down, I would say, "Are you ready to talk about it?" and she would start up again.

It was amazing.

I kind of wished I had Covid (not really, but still.  30 minutes.).

Also during math a student came up to me for help because her pen was stuck in her hair.

These things...happen?

At the end of our phonics lesson (we had been reviewing silent e), I showed them the PBS Between the Lions silent e videos that I will never outgrow. 

One girl said, "Is it OK if you show us these videos at school?"

Um....

I have a worrier who is afraid he won't meet up with his brother so I help him to the meeting spot.  On my way back to the school, two separate kindergartners threw their arms around me.

I have no idea why.  They are not even the apparent younger siblings of anyone I know.

Just another day at my wacky and wonderful job.

P.S.  I submitted my capstone...once it gets approved I have just one more step!

1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

You are doing great in all aspects of your life, Thelma--teacher, student and all of the others.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails