Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sad Eyes


Adam went to London today. When he leaves, certain things happen.

1. We usually stop to visit his parents on the way home from the airport. It softens the blow. They always have cookies in the cookie jar and toys upstairs. Toys upstairs=Mark upstairs=peaceful conversation. They are interested in our comings and goings and I know that whatever life will throw our way, they are there.


2. It also means wearing this green sweater of Adam's that I commandeered from him well before we were married and I now wear when I'm missing him.

3. It means taking comfort from my children. Mark said he'd have "the cheesiest smile possible" for the above picture. (bravo Mark, I think you nailed it!) Braeden completely got the humor of the situation when I called from church this morning (I had an early meeting) and asked him to bring me some chap stick (my lips hurt really bad) when they came to church. I said, "Thanks Kip" and he laughed and laughed. Emma hugged and kissed me and snuggled contentedly into her bed and I think she's completely forgiven me for breaking a comb in her tangled hair yesterday.

4. It means that I'm bored and so I'm taking pictures of things like my eyes and wishing Adam were here to say, "You look tired. Go to bed."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thelma, Enoch and I just read your post and we're so sympathetic. We wish we could do something more than just pray for you guys. We may come see you the 2nd week of November if you're up for it... but that does little for you now.

I didn't get the Kip comment. I made the mistake of admitting that to Enoch and now he is quoting the entire movie. Great.

We love you. Hang in there and call anytime.

Susie said...

Having husbands that travel is not the easiest thing for me either. I feel as you do. Good luck and know we will keep your family in our prayers fro comfort and peace. Hopefully he is not gone to long from you guys. Thanks for sharing your cute blogs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails