Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Things Making Me Smile Today

Mark: This morning in science he was learning about things that are alive and not alive. Here’s the conclusion he drew from the lesson, “Sometimes you’re alive but you can’t move like when you’re knocked out.” Astute assessment.

Braeden: Yesterday when I was finished with my dentist appointment (you don’t even want to know), I called my kids to check in and see if they were all still alive. Braeden asked me about the dentist and if I’d fired him (we were debating the merits of firing the dentist or egging his office.) Braeden said, “Just so you know Mom. We all support you.” Good to know.

I have book club tonight.

I crossed “change the boys sheets” off my list because I don’t want to (and no one will make me).

Another sunny day. In October. In Seattle. Amazing.

I found a good book to read.

Adam: This morning he and Mark were discussing transformers—a new passion of Mark’s that almost eclipsed Bionicles in importance but not quite. Mark was asking Adam if transformers have limbs. Adam pointed to one of the several transformers on the table and said, “See, these are limbs…or maybe they’re pre-limbs.” He looked out the corner of his eye and yes I was laughing. I know I’m easily amused but he’s funny.

I got the biggest pile of laundry known to man folded and got to talk to Olivia on the phone while I did it.

And finally:

The Warrior cats that are scampering all around my upstairs this afternoon, spinning tales and completely wrapped up in their fertile little imaginations.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

What a good balance of things that made you happy. I love it. You have creative and REAL posts, thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails