Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

That Time Of Year


I like autumn.


I really do.



Orange is probably my least favorite color, but when it comes to pumpkins in October, I don't mind.


I also love it when it's time to drink something warm from a mug. With whipped cream. For breakfast.


I like my new wreath for my front door.

I love getting out my warm wedding quilt that my mom made for me. I feel unaccountably loved and comfortable laying beneath the hours of stitching she did just for me. (I probably wouldn't have needed to get it out yet if my groom hadn't gone to London...he's warm.)


Here's what I don't love.


Here's a picture of a house in my neighborhood. Lovely people live in this house. Why would they put such garish things in their front yard? I don't understand. I can't fathom people who say Halloween is their favorite holiday. Really? Have you met any of the other holidays?

Here's my sole Halloween decoration--until we carve a pumpkin. My kids are disgusted. They don't understand how the woman who has at least 15 boxes of Christmas decorations stored under the stairs can't produce a little magic at Halloween time.


Sorry kids. I don't have it in me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails