Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sleep in Peace

https://www.ilca.net/images/us_flag.jpg

Last night, even though the things I voted for may or may not have come to fruition, I went to bed with a peaceful happy feeling.

Maybe it’s because my kids have been learning about the French Revolution. I’m glad to live in a country where there’s a transfer of power with no guillotine involved. I’m glad to be in a country where everyone can vote…and a lot of people did. I’m glad to be in a country where the loser in a campaign gives a gracious concession speech and is applauded by the winner. I’m glad to be in a country where a race formerly thought sub-human in some corners is now represented in the highest office in the land. I don’t agree with his politics but like every other American who doesn’t agree, I’ll give him a chance. I’ll be free to have my own opinions and I’ll be free to speak freely about those opinions. And I’ll keep voting.

What a country!

4 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Wow, thanks Thelma. I needed that reminder. I'm feeling a little more peaceful already.

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

Thanks Thelma. You are so right. We are so blessed to be living in this great country. I hope we always appreciate it.

Susie said...

Thanks for the new outlook of our country. we are surely blessed more then we will ever know that is for sure.

Mara said...

Bravo, Thelma! I may have to copy your words and quote you on my blog, because I am thinking the same things. You write beautifully, my friend. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails