Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

No Fame, Fortune…or Pickles

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/06/03/pickle1_wFhsC_15903.gif
I gave my children a school assignment and told them that whoever made me laugh the most would win a pickle. It was a dead tie…and we have no pickles. I decided instead that I would reward their efforts with fame and fortune. Since very few people read this blog and there’s no fortune involved that’s not really panning out either. They did make me laugh though.

The assignment:

Complete each sentence so that it makes sense. Pay attention to the word in boldface.

Emma’s best:

We had to cancel the picnic when I died.

I associate the month of June with penguins.

I can justify my actions by sleeping the day away.

The directions were so misleading that I was mislead.

Dancers stay flexible so they can choke people quickly.

The photo was so vivid I could stare at the sun and think, “bo-ring.”

Braeden’s best:

At last, we ended the dispute by eating each other.

The directions were so misleading that I ate them.

We had to postpone the game because of a walrus attack.

I am cautious when I eat light bulbs.

When I imagine glamour, I picture my face.



I don’t home school my children just for my own entertainment. Sometimes it just works out that way.

1 comment:

Hannah Stevenson said...

My favorite is "I'm cautious when I eat light bulbs." I guess you'd have to be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails