Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Nightmare Before Christmas


Last night “Halloween Town” and “Christmas Town” collided. With unfortunate results.

Every year I look forward to going to IKEA before Christmas and getting new decorations for my house. Every year I’m delighted with the red, the white, the straw.

This year it was like taking a drink and expecting Sprite and getting water instead. A startling disappointment.

I know that some designers like to have a theme for Christmas. They like to mix it up and have a whole new look each year. I also get that you sell more stuff if people buy all new matching decorations each year.

I think there should be a rule though. The stuff has to be pretty. And in Christmas colors. Not Halloween.

I know this stocking isn't all that bad...it's the only image I could find though. Imagine this look intensified with orange Christmas ornaments and brown and green wrapping paper.

I blame some Swedish designer who’s depressed by the thought of a long dark winter. C’mon depressed Swedish designer, get a light box. It’s not Christmas’s fault.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

YUCK! I loved the year a couple of years back when they introduced the grinch green. I loved that limesh olivesh green. Orange? Brown? No No No. I'm with you on this one!

Hannah Stevenson said...

YIKES!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails