Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rapport

My kids learned the lovely custom of pummeling each other (or me) when they spot a Volkswagon from their cousins.

They kind of forgot about it for awhile but then recently, it lives again.

It gives a whole new meaning to the words defensive driving.

And then I started spotting VWs myself and slugging back whoever had the honor of riding "shotgun" (which believe me, is a Big Deal around here).  I realized I was paying a little too much attention to what kinds of cars were whizzing by and not quite enough attention to driving.

I'm not at all sure that's safe.

Yesterday, my friend Christie (I've never met her but I think of her as a friend anyway) posted about the VW curse on her blog.

It feels so good to be understood.

1 comment:

Melanee said...

So once upon a time my family decided to take this game to a whole new level. We started making up other things like horse bite horse trailers. One day my dad decided that Uhauls would be a good one. So he grabbed the back of my head and pushed it down three times (there were three in a row). What he didn't realize is that my nose was making contact with my knee. We were riding in his brand new truck. I came up from my Uhaul experience with a bloody nose. I've never seen anyone pull over so fast. As I was jumping out to avoid getting blood on anything he threw a roll of paper towels. That's when the game stopped. Just too violent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails