Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So I Don't Get An Inflated Sense of My Worth

Yesterday was quite a day.  In addition to a Dr. appointment and back to back visiting teaching, I had a dentist appointment where I had my cavity filled and teeth cleaned.  (If you have to go to the dentist, I recommend where my friend Heather works because my friend Heather works there.)  Also I had a Relief Society presidency meeting and a Relief Society parenting class.

I was home very little.  Like an intermittent three hours.  I felt terrible leaving my kids for so long.  Adam said I'd make up for it on our little mini-vacation coming up.  But I felt bad.  My kids!  They need me.  They love me.  They want me home.

I got home and Mark was already gone with the wind (Gavin's).  Emma was waiting for me to log her onto the computer and Braeden was waiting to ask for permission to go to a friend's house too.  (Somehow Mark gets his permission from Braeden but Braeden waits for me.  Don't ask me, because I don't know.)  I said to Braeden and Emma, "But I just got home and I'll only be here an hour before I have to leave again."

Emma said, "Still.  Will you log me on?"

Braeden, who is more conscientious about my tender motherly feelings, said, "Well, OK.  I can stay home."

I said, "It's OK.  You can go."

And he was gone.

And then Emma said, "So Mom?  The computer?"

So there I was with my one-sided separation anxiety.  And laundry to do.

What can I say?  I lead a glamorous life.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

For our current incentive system, our kids can pick doing any activity with me or Edgar. They both chose going with Edgar on the 4-wheeler on a fishing expedition. Marcos also prefers his father. I guess it keeps me humble. Have a lovely trip BTW.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails