Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Not One Of Those Mothers

You know those mothers that make amazing, professional looking cakes for their children on their birthdays?

I'm not one of those mothers.

I try, but no one will ever mistake my cake for a professional.

When Mark was 6, he wanted a Lego cake.  Blue.

I think Ole Kirk Christiansen rolled over in his grave (the Lego creator, I googled it).


Also, no Lego bricks are pastel blue but I think too much food coloring tastes revolting and taste is king around here.

When Mark turned seven, he wanted another Lego cake.


When he turned seven-and-a-half, he wanted another lego cake.

I don't know if he's hoping I get it right sometime:


Or he thinks they're so great he can never get enough:



Either way, I'll keep making what he wants, as ugly as the cakes end up being.


Because he's my boy.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I think your cakes are great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails