Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Roger That

I was surprised when Mark's (half) birthday present, a set of walkie talkies, came earlier than expected from Amazon. 

I was not surprised when he loved it.  He and Braeden immediately started talking to each other.

"Go outside, Mark. Over."

"Roger that.  I'm putting my shoes on. Over."

I was surprised when the batteries lasted about 15 minutes.

I was not surprised when I promised devastated Mark that we'd go to Radio Shack and get more rechargeable batteries.  (What kind of spoiled youngest child would he be if he couldn't get immediate action out of me?)

I was surprised when Gavin came over with a gift. (We invited him over but said, "No gifts.")

I was not surprised Mark loved the gift.  He would love an old shoe if Gavin gave it to him.

I was surprised that even though I found more batteries, they were much more interested in playing with knights and dragons than walkie talkies.



I was not surprised when their knights made shooting noises and Mark and Gavin ended up wrestling and then abandoning the game to go outside.

I was surprised when Emma and Braeden begged to not go to McDonald's for dinner.  As per Mark's request, that was our destination.  I said, "What will you eat at home?"

Braeden shrugged, "Cereal?"

Emma said, "We're too big to play there and it will be loud."


I was not surprised about the loud thing.  Mark + Gavin = loud.  Add any more children to the mix?  Can I stay home and have cereal too?

Since Adam's out of town, I took the two scamps to McDonald's.  We had an enthusiastic and rollicking time, like you can only have with Mark and Gavin.  I enjoyed the trip.




And that wasn't surprising at all.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I was glad to see what Gavin looks like. Happy half birthday to Mark (late). We're excited to see that red head around here--as long as he doesn't break any windows!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails