Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers


Today I'm grateful for my dad.  He's good and wise and funny and steady.  He can be relied on.  He taught and encouraged me.  He loves me. 

I'm not sure what else I could have asked for in a dad.

Today I appreciate Adam, the wonderful father of our children.  He's constantly coming up with new ways to be a great dad.  Each child thinks they are his secret favorite.  Each child has an activity that is theirs alone to share with their dad.  What lucky children they are!

Today I'm proud of my brothers (because I like to think I raised them) and the terrific fathers they each are.

Today I'm thankful for my brothers-in-law and the excellent fathering they give my dear nieces and nephews.

Today I'm sad.

We miss Adam's dad.  We feel his loss, today and always.  We remember his greatness, his love and affection for his children and grandchildren.  His good life that blessed us all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails