Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grandma Geri

Every trip has a hero.  Every family has a hero.

I really can't say much about our trip (and remember how narcissistic and a-lot-to-say I am?) without first giving a nod to Grandma Geri.

Adam's mom.


She treated us all to a fabulous cabin with beds and rooms for everyone.

She organized and planned and shopped for and transported all the food.

(And we had good food.)


And most nights, we had a lot of people...extended family gathering in our cabin, bringing their offerings to share.  Because everyone knows a great hostess when they see one.  Everyone wanted to be in the sunshine of Geri's welcoming greeting and accommodating here's-a-plate-here's-the-line-get-some-food.

That's not all though.  Geri made sure everyone had a good time.  It's exhausting to have that much fun and when edges got frayed, she smoothed them.

One night she knocked softly on my bedroom door and hugged me and comforted me.  My edges were sorely frayed.

I don't know how she does all that she does.  What I do know is that I'm grateful.  And I love her.


Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.  
~Marion C. Garretty

1 comment:

Coralee Dahl said...

What a lovely tribute to a lovely lady. I too have been the recipient of Geri's gracious hospitality. Thanks for all you do for the kids and grandkids that we share, Geri.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails