Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family Reunion

Here's the picture I tried earlier.  I got it from my kids' second cousin's facebook page.  Ha!

It was delightful for me to spend time with Adam’s extended family. I got to meet some of his cousins from Georgia that I’d never met before.

I’ve been missing out.

During the days we would all go about on our various adventures, reporting on our escapades and comparing photos from the day each evening. We did karaoke, introduced our children to each other (who mostly took to each other instantly), ate a lot of good food, talked about old times, missed Linn, and the last night, a few of us sat around the table talking and crying happy and sad tears.

Phew.

There’s just something about family.

And I’m blessed that Adam’s extended family (on both sides) are kind and wonderful people who have taken me in. They include me. They insist I stand in the cousin picture too. They make me laugh. They make me glad I married Adam.

(And I didn’t even need another reason.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails