Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If They Don't Win It's a Shame



Today we root root rooted for the home team.  They lost.  Which, I think, surprised no one.  The boys of summer seem to disappoint this year.

We had a bit of trouble along the way.  Minutes before we were leaving, Mark had a spectacular crash on his bike.  He was going over a jump with some neighborhood kids.

Mark shouldn't go over jumps.

Hannah, the sweet girl across the street, knocked on the door and presented the sobbing bleeding boy while her brothers nobly brought up the rear, one with Mark's helmet, one with Mark's bike.

Good kids.

I patched Mark's leaks with bandages and told him he'd be OK, (which he was doubting) because we needed to GO.  We were going to be LATE.

I'd been having contact problems all morning that were going from bad to worse.  I felt like I was being stabbed in the eye.  Ouch.

No time to worry about it though.  We had to GO.

I was driving along and couldn't take it any more.  I took out my contact (I'm not sure what my end game was there) and realized there was a rip in it.  That's why it felt stabbing.

Me driving in Seattle is scary enough for everyone involved when I have both eyes so I turned back home.

Then we were really late.  Our plan was to pick up Adam at work and have lunch before the game but that turned into a scamper through the McDonald's drive thru.  (Ew.)

Also, Adam couldn't utilize his keen free parking skills because we were too late and they were all taken.

You can't be uncheered by Safeco Field though.  It's a happy place.  Even though we sat in the sun and Mark (who was still out of sorts) thought he would die from the heat.

 I'm meeeeeeeeeellllllllting!  

(To add insult to injury, Mark was too tall for the playground at Safeco Field and just so you know, slumping shoulders and sad eyes from a grumpy red head do nothing to soften the playground gestapo's heart.)

And even though the Mariners lost, abysmally, we still had a good time.

We were at a Mariner's game!  Ichiro made a heroic catch!  There was almost a grand slam!  (We'll take what we can get.)

I was sitting next to my true love on a sunny summer's day.

Life is good. (And it helped that we went through the McDonald's drive thru again on the way home and I got a Diet Coke to wash down the remaining kettle corn.  I may or may not have eaten my weight in kettle corn today.)

1 comment:

Clarissa Johnson said...

That's sounds fun, (and crazy). I'm glad you made it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails