Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Halve a Happy Birthday




Yesterday was Emma's half birthday.  11 and 1/2.
She spent her morning mostly like this:


It's one of her favorite ways to spend her time (mine too).  And she's reading on my bed because my room is clean(er)?

Freja came for lunch:



For her birthday gift, Emma wanted a membership to the computer game, Pixie Hollow.  Of all three, she's the least interested in being on the computer.  I thought it was a passing whimsy she'd give up on, but no.  That's what she wanted.

And it's what she got.




 Later, we had pedicures:

Very fancy...but it will be a long time before I get another pedicure.  My pedicurist was a masochist.  My feet still hurt. 

Aside from the occasional eye rolling, eleven-and-a-half is a marvelous age for my girl to be.  She's great company.  Even when we're sitting side by side reading books, it's better because she's there with me.

I love this girl. 

3 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

She is so pretty. I can't believe she'll be a beehive soon! Happy Half Birthday Emma.

Olivia Cobian said...

I love the cake! It looks like Emma had a lovely day. She deserves to be well-celebrated.

Deseret said...

Happy half birthday to Emma Jayne. From Marianne (and Desi in spirit and name)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails