Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer's Lease Has All Too Short A Date

I've always loved autumn.  I get a little shiver of excitement when I see school supplies and fall decorations in the store.  (This year's a little different with the whole school supply thing...oh, have I mentioned that?)

Still.  Autumn.  I love it.  I love everything about it.

I must give summer it's due though.  Summer is good.  Swim team is ending and a few weeks stretch ahead of me before school starts.  I want to squeeze as much summer goodness as I can out of the remaining days. 

I'm a planner so my mind is whirring.  What should we do?  What should we do?

Really.  What should we do?

Leave me a comment.  Tell me the best thing you've done with your children in the summertime.  (And it can't include a road trip.  I'm road tripped out.)

Thanks!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Every August we try to have a night when we stay up late on the trampoline looking for shooting stars. You don't have a trampoline and I don't know if you can see many stars in the lights of the big city. So maybe that's a dumb suggestion. We're doing it this Thursday. There is supposed to be a meteor shower.

Olivia Cobian said...

We go outside in the coolness of the evening. Edgar and I (or just I if he's working) sit and watch the kids do tricks. Maybe your kids are too old for tricks. This year, that has been my favorite summer activity. Hiking is always nice.

Anonymous said...

One of our best summer activities is a day at Cascade Park. Trails, smores, and of coarse the R I V E R....You reading on the shore, Braeden climbing on rocks, Emma under water, Mark on the bucket swing and Adam loving it Geri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails