Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowed In

Adirondack chairs on our deck
The snow days keep coming.

I couldn't be happier.

Yesterday (since I didn't have any deep desire to move furniture) and after I taught Mark school (because he doesn't get snow days...go ahead, think I'm cruel, he does), Emma and I invited her friends over for a little craft.

These are the same girls that get together and read aloud the stories they've written and made each other handmade Christmas gifts.  They're creative types.



We took crayon shavings, melted them between waxed paper and cut out shapes.  The girls confidently did their own thing, tried new things, never said, "help me!" or "what should I do?"  I love the self assured ways of imaginative girls.

It made a tremendous mess but that will happen.


I hung my creations in the window to catch the sun.







I know, I know, we don't actually get sun.

Maybe I'll keep them up until July.

In the meantime, I would happily take as many snow days as I can get.  Although we may have to walk to Costco eventually for more milk...

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

You're a good mom, and your hearts turned out lovely.

Emma said...

When you said "to catch the sun" I thought, what sun?

You need to start reading my blog, I'm actually writing again (crazy right?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails