Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

A list

Things making me happy this morning:

1) an email from my mom with a sweet story about my 95 year old grandma

2) the lights on my Christmas tree

3) having my kids home from school

4) reading a good book that is breaking my heart and inspiring me all at the same time

5) laughing on the phone with my sister first thing in the morning (and having first thing be not all that early--see number 3

6) looking at real estate online with Adam at midnight--is it symptomatic of a mid life crisis when you are looking at million dollar vacation homes you'll never be able to afford?  Whatever.  It was fun.

This one is not a million dollar home but just...stunning.  I can't imagine the thought processes that went into these decorating choices.  I'm guessing color blindness and maybe drug use?

Just look at the pictures.

You'll look around your own house and think, I am doing all right.

I hope your day is a good one.  I hope there are treats in your kitchen and lights on your tree and warm socks on your feet.  Recipe for a sublime life.

4 comments:

Adam said...

My favorite picture is the second one that shows a duck hanging in the window wearing a rain slicker.

Marianne said...

I love how you can make things sound so lovely.

Olivia Cobian said...

I hate to be a stickler. But Grandma Dahl is 94, not 95.

Sage Grayson said...

Wowzers. Those bright blue cabinets are...interesting. People can have really strange decorating styles. Too funny. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails