Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

My prescription

One night we were having dinner at Brooklyn Brothers Pizza which is almost as good as New Haven pizza, but not quite.  (It is more accessible though.)  Braeden was elsewhere and Adam and Emma and Mark and I were talking about different ailments and their advertised prescriptions you see on TV.

Who knows how these things get started?

Adam said as long as you gave the ailment initials and the right sounding prescription, you could have any pharmaceutical commercial.

Our favorite:  HSD or hungry stomach disorder.

The prescription:  Nutella.

I almost choked on my Brooklyn Brothers' Pizza.

"If you're suffering from HSD, ask your doctor if Nutella is right for you."

"Some common side effects of Nutella are feeling full, sticky fingers, licking lips."

"Do not take Nutella if you are nursing or pregnant or could become pregnant."

On and on went the advertisements for Nutella. 

"In some rare cases it was reported that people taking Nutella were beat up in the 7 Eleven parking lot but not any more often than people who were not taking Nutella."

I stopped drinking my soda altogether because it was too dangerous while laughing.

On Christmas morning the first gift my children wanted me to open was from all of them.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

That's hilarious! I personally ignore the pregnant/breastfeeding warnings on Nutella.

Sage Grayson said...

Hahaha!!! Oh my gosh. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything as I read that post. I think I need to ask my doctor for a Nutella prescription. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails