Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Little things

Olivia sent me a package and inside was this table runner.


She was shopping and needed cheering up so she bought something for me that she thought I'd like (I do!) and she sent it to me.

Here's hoping Olivia is depressed a lot in the future.

This should be where I say that I bought something for Olivia to cheer myself but (sorry little Ciocia) I did not.

I did decide it was time to cheer myself up though.

To keep myself from being dragged into the abyss by gloomy weather, today I want to acknowledge some cheerful little additions to my day.  Everything on the following list has two things in common.  They smell wonderful and they make me happy.

Mrs. Meyer's dish soap:




Anything Mrs. Meyer's delights me and my nose.  The dish soap may be my favorite though.  I look forward to washing dishes.  (OK, maybe that's not true.)

Bath and Body Works lavender chamomile pillow mist:


I bought this about a week ago.  When I changed the sheets in my kids' beds, I sprayed this on all of their sheets and pillows.  I felt like a good sleep fairy, spreading (or spraying) joy.  I spray my pillow every night...and Adam's if he lets me.  It seems luxurious and smells lovely.

Ginger Body Butter:


I usually shy away from things like lotions or candles that smell like food (they give me a sense of false hope-- the candle smells like cake but you are not getting cake).  I love this stuff though.  Maybe it smells more gingery than gingerbread like?  It is thick and creamy and fragrant.

Bath and Body Works soap:


Jennifer gave some of this to me (last year?) and I loved it.  Usually I use Mrs. Meyer's hand soap but I bought some of this because when my hands smell like peppermint, it is a good day.  (And it reminds me of Jennifer.)  I take delight in the fact that it is foaming.

It truly is the little things.


Little things console us because little things afflict us.
Blaise Pascal

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Who is Mrs. Meyers and where do you get her soap? If it would bring me joy washing dishes, I'm interested.

Hannah Stevenson said...

This made me really happy. So did your Christmas letter. I miss you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails