Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas in the Northwest

moss taking over the world

Sometimes it feels less like Christmas in the Northwest is the gift God wrapped in green and more like it's the gift that got doused in water when the Christmas tree fell over.

Yesterday I overheard Mark in his bedroom, singing.

"I'm dreaming of a gray Christmas.  Just like the ones I've always known."

Since they really are the only ones he's ever known, he bears no ill will toward the gray skies.

(I'm trying to not bear ill will but I may hide in a suitcase and go to Tucson with Jill for Christmas.)

For now I'm going to go take some vitamin D and turn on every light in my house.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Thelma!
I'll trade you. I've got blue skies that go on forever,
every thing just had a second blooming season, the days are mild and just right for hiking.

But I would love nothing more than grey skies.
I know, I know....it sounds so depressing.
But I love the rain, it's my favorite kind of day.

I yearn for what you have: green things, water, and rain. Funny how some people think you live in paradise when you're convinced it's hell. LOL

I love your blog and check in when I remember.
You're a breathe of fresh air....Thank YOU!

You're cousin,

Rebekah

Sage Grayson said...

Nothin' wrong with a gray Christmas! We had white Christmases when we lived in Chicago, but now that we live in San Francisco, I adore the bright sunny Christmases. Snow's overrated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails