Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dala horses

I am trying to remember life PM (pre-markers).  It was a cold lonely husk of a life compared to now.  And there were a lot less cookies involved.

Emma and I launched our new project:  Dala horses.

First, because it's the natural order of things, I baked the cookies.  I was on the phone with Marianne at the time.  (I do my best work when I'm on the phone with my sisters.)

I kept saying, "Ahh!  I killed it!"  Because I kept breaking the legs off the horses when I was removing them from the pan (and we all know what happens to horses when they break their legs).  Marianne said, "Stop what you're doing."

I said, "But I have to get them off the pan."

She said, "Stop.  It's obviously not working.  Let them cool on the pans."

So I did.  I don't know what other people do when they're being irrational but I listen to my sister.  After the horses cooled on the pans, I could move them without any danger.

I frosted them red.  Emma said, "Oh, they're all red?"

Then I remembered I was going to make some white and some blue.  Maybe next time.

I've wanted a Dala horse for a long time.  A wooden one.  But every time I see a pretty one that I like, it is really expensive.

These were in my price range.  And edible.  (bonus)



Emma did some and I did some.  I think I like most of Emma's more than mine.  She's a good marker partner.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Those are amazing!!! Would they ship well to Nevada? I think I deserve one after saving their legs.

Olivia Cobian said...

Beautiful! I hope PJ was grand!

Stephanie L Johnson said...

Wow, they are wonderful. I did not even know they existed, so you have elevated my knowledge base, yay.

We should make some more, please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails