Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A list

I've had a week of not getting enough sleep and freaking out about things that I didn't need to freak out about and it's gray and wet outside and the lightbulbs keep burning out.  The downstairs ones that I can't reach even if I stand on a chair.  Also, my to do list is neglected and I'm not getting to things at an alarming rate.

There's nothing to do at a time like this but write a list.

Here are things that redeem being tired, freaked out, too short to change lightbulbs and unproductive:

✩ homemade bread--it makes the house smell wonderful and I love it

✩ the seat heaters in my van

✩ library books

✩ umbrellas

✩ walks (see above)

✩ our fireplace

✩ our children love me...sometimes I think more than I deserve then I remember that I carried them inside me for 9 months, I gave birth to them, I have helped keep them alive and clothed and fed for all these years so no, they probably do not love more than I deserve...

✩ Adam loves me...sometimes I think more than I deserve

✩ this morning I heard birds singing at sunrise when the sky went from black to dark gray to lighter gray

✩ also this morning, I start with a clean slate just like every day...maybe today I will show that to do list who is boss

2 comments:

Katie said...

I think we had the same kind of day...you wake up and are already behind...I also made bread to make me feel better about myself.

Olivia Cobian said...

I like this post. I'm glad you're teaching that to-do list what's what.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails