Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bandwagon

I told Braeden I was going to post this and he said, "Who are you and what have you done with my mother?"

This may be one of the most out of character blog posts I've posted.  I am not a real and true football fan.  I watched a bit of the NFC championship game and it was exciting and all, but I've watched very little of the Seahawks otherwise.  Still, I'm glad they're going to the Superbowl.  I like driving around and seeing all the excitement here...the t-shirts and jerseys, the 12th man flags, the blue and green porch lights.  It feels festive.

After the game I heard that there was a lot of hullabaloo about Richard Sherman and his comments at the end of the game.  I am not really a news watcher or reader--I have other things I'd rather do; those novels aren't going to read (or write) themselves.  People that are not Seahawks fans may be rubbed the wrong way by Richard Sherman but I didn't really give him a thought either way.  I usually don't have the attention span for videos linked on Facebook but for some reason I watched this and then I was glad I did.  It was fascinating.  I went from being ambivalent about it all to being a Richard Sherman fan.  He is smart and hard working and a really good football player.

I know that the personae on the field aren't always who they really are.  My cousin Harvey has been called "The Meanest Player in the NFL" but he is a really nice guy

I enjoyed this video.



I'm officially on the bandwagon so I'll just go ahead and say it. Go HAWKS!

1 comment:

Enoch said...

I'm with you Thelma.... when it first happened I thought he was kind of a first rate clown and a jerk. You do get caught up in the moment of the game though... he came across very raw in his post game interview... but that's exactly how anyone would be...if they had a pulse!!! I like the guy. Nice post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails