Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

I love New Year's Day.  It's always lovely.  I love fresh starts and clean slates and optimism.  I love putting away the Christmas decorations...just as much as I love getting them out.

Yesterday afternoon we went to see Frozen and see what all the hype was about.

It lived up to the hype.  We all LOVED it.

We got home after our guest arrived (Geri).  Fortunately she knows our garage code.  We ate fondue and played games and watched the episode of Corner Gas where they have fondue parties (because it seemed timely).  We toasted the New Year and watched the fireworks (on TV) at the Space Needle and gratefully went to bed.

Midnight is past my bedtime.

With New Year's and newness, my mind turns towards New Year's resolutions.  (Which I also like.)

Here are mine for the year:

1) Practice the piano again...I was doing well for awhile and then I got busy with other things.  I had to emergency pinch hit for the pianist in primary last Sunday and it was a disaster.  One of the Sunbeam teachers rescued me from myself then her son started crying and kicking because he wanted his mom.

So yeah, I need to practice.

2) Learn how to make perfect pizza crust.  I have found a website to instruct me and the guy mentions Pepe's in New Haven as a place he wants to emulate.  I'm in.  Teach me, internet pizza guy.

3) Get rid of 5 things every day.  I read about a woman who did that for a year and blogged about it.  I'm not going to blog about it because I don't know who would be interested in what I get rid of (even I wouldn't be that interested).  I'm going to try it though.  I'm pretty sure I can do it.  If I get desperate to find 5 things I can always venture into my children's bedrooms.  (Do not tell them I said that.)

Happy New Year!  We are off to visit family friends this afternoon.  In Covington.  Which apparently really is a place and not just something that's mentioned in the traffic report on the radio.  Covington.  I'm sure it's lovely this time of year...



Today's day 3 of my New Year's Story.  Here's a link.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm behind! I need to read your New Year's story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails