Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Come fly with me

Last night we had out Young Women In Excellence which is kind of a year in review celebration.  We went with an airline theme.

In a big way.

It all started with Pinterest. (doesn't everything?)  Then the Young Women leaders sort of ran. With. It.

We had the Relief Society room set up like baggage claim and the Young Women room was set up like an airplane.  Complete with windows, an emergency exit, seat pockets with safety instructions.  We had a cart to push down the aisle, with water bottles and "flotation devices" which were tiny donuts. 

It was adorable and I didn't take any pictures so you'll have to take my word for it.

I decided I wanted music for the beginning, Frank Sinatra, Come Fly With Me type music.  I texted Adam, "What are some other songs like that?"

A few minutes later he texted me back a playlist he'd created.

Adam.

That guy never disappoints.

The bishopric was the team of pilots:


And I should add they were very good sports!

(And you don't know how hard we tried to get the broken curtains to close!)

Here are the flight attendants.  It's blurry, but you get the idea:


It was the first big activity that we have done that wasn't us scrambling to carry out the plans of the previous leaders.  It was all ours and it felt good. 

A few of us spent most of the day preparing and decorating.  It was exhausting and afterward, Adam was cleaning up and loading all of our cars with all of our stuff and moving furniture and being his normal Adam self.

When we got home, I told Mark, "Do you know how awesome your dad is?"  Then I outlined all the help he was to me.

Mark said, "Isn't that what dads do?"

And maybe that's the best compliment Mark could give his dad.  Because as far as Mark knows, dads are always helpful and selfless and the go to person when you need anything.

(And Adam learned it from his dad.)

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Great job! You are adorable and that Adam--what a star!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails