Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Adam and Thelma enter the 21st century

Yesterday I canceled our landline.  We were maybe some of the ten people in America to still have one.  Interestingly it was Adam, who's way more technologically savvy than I am, who dragged his feet on getting rid of it.

The only calls we ever received on it were from my mom, Marianne, and telemarketers.  A lot of telemarketers.

Adam finally got tired of hearing me complain (which is a sentence that could start any number of anecdotes) and I called to cancel.

What's next for me?  Will I stop calling audio books "books on tape"?

2 comments:

Marianne said...

That is tragic! I loved your number so much! Do you really think only 1 in 10 people have a landline. Almost everyone I know over 30 has one. But most people I know have lived in their house for longer than most people you know. Is that it?

Olivia Cobian said...

I still say "roll down the window" and "dial the phone number." I guess my cell phone also says, "Dial," on it, but does it know why? Because I do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails