Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

My little brother

One of my favorite parts of living here is that people I love show up unexpectedly from time to time.  Yesterday Enoch called.  He was in Salt Lake for business meetings but had some time.  I said, "Come to dinner!"

But then it turned out I had invited him under false pretenses because:

Mark had voice lessons from 5:00-5:45

Adam and Mark were doing a service project in our neighborhood starting at 6:00

I was tutoring at 7:00

So first Enoch and Adam and I went to The Home Depot to pick up the log splitter Adam was renting for the project.  (Come over!  We'll do exciting things like go to The Home Depot!)

Then Enoch and I went to Kneaders and he bought me dinner.  (Come over!  You can buy me dinner!)

We did have a good time visiting and I enjoy one on one time with that kid.  We talked a bit about our kids and the ways certain of them puzzle us (we'll never tell which).  I was hugging him good-bye in the driveway when my little tutoring students pulled up with their dad.

Tutoring is one of my favorite things.  This was my first time tutoring in awhile and my first time with this brother and sister duo and they are adorable in every way.

The little girl, Jada, was reading a story about a girl who wished for a big brother.  I said, "Do you like having a big brother?"

She said, "Mostly."  Then she whispered, "But he does get a little bossy." (She didn't need to whisper because her brother was downstairs playing in the colossally messy lego room.)

I said, "Did you see my brother outside when you came to my house?  He's really big, but he's my little brother."

Her eyes got big and her mouth formed an O. "What?"she said.

"Yep," I said, "he's younger but he got big."

"Wow.  Yeah."

I sure love my big little brother.  He makes me feel like I lucked out.  (And not just because he buys me dinner.)




2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I didn't know you were tutoring! Those lucky kids!

Enoch said...

It was great to hang out and catch up with you. I'm glad I'm your big little brother.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails