Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2017

You would think I'd blog about him more

He's our only kid home and I'm grateful for his dailiness.

Braeden is in and out of home quite a bit too.  The other day he was here and Adam and I were lecturing Mark because he was acting like a 14 year old.  Then he was sassy and Braeden laughed and choked (on the cereal he was eating) and was also shocked and a little horrified.

Later he told Mark to never ever talk to me like that again.

(It's nice when the 20 year old has your back.)

Mark though.  Despite the sass, I love that kid.

He's well on his way to being independent and grown up.  He takes care of business and is quick to hug me (when the sassiness has passed and we declare we are friends again).

So here's a little of what Mark's been up to:

While we were in Washington, D.C., Adam and Mark went on an adventure to Great Basin National Park.



Adam's report was that they talked the entire time.  Mark loves finances and accounting and loves to talk about it.  Also sports.  And cars.

Last night for his mutual activity they went to Top Golf which sounds pretty swanky.  It's a driving range but fancier.  Also I heard about the food.  Boys that age + food = it matters.  Mark's leader texted all the parents this picture:


Parents responded back with things like "So cool!" and "Wow!"  I had no idea who that guy was.  He looked a little like the guy from This is Us?  I texted the picture to Braeden and Emma for their opinion and Braeden said it looked like he was trying to mug Mark.  Emma thought he was trying to slip something in Mark's pocket.  Vanessa (who Emma must have shown the picture to) said at least Mark was The Chosen One.

So they didn't know who he was either.

Turns out the guy is Mitch Mathews.  He is a former BYU and NFL player.  Who knew?  All the other parents apparently.

Speaking of football, Adam looked up when the Seahawks were going to be playing on a Thursday.  He thought they'd go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch the game because that is the kind of thing that makes Mark's heart sing.

He showed Mark the date of the game.  Adam said, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Mark said, "Yeah, go to Arizona to watch the game?"

(Mark also loves Arizona.  And road trips.)

Adam explained that instead he had been thinking they would go to Buffalo Wild Wings.  You've got to hand it to Mark though.

The child dreams big.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I must be like Mark because I got excited with his idea of going to AZ for the game! I'm sad for him, lol. Wings are good too though.

Anonymous said...

That guy looks too skinny to be an NFL player. This is Marianne. I'm going to be anonymous because someone else is signed in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails