Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Grateful Thursday

I'm a day early this week because I won't be around tomorrow.  Braeden and I are flying to Washington, D. C. later today.

I'm excited.

And nervous.  (Because I'm always a little nervous before I take a trip.)

I'm also very grateful.

We are going there to see Stella.  We're going to stay in a house with her that's she's rented for the occasion.  I'm looking forward to visiting with her.  Mostly, we are going so we can go to the temple with her.  What a crowning event in the life of a former missionary!  I'm thrilled that I get to be there with Braeden.  And most importantly Stella!  She is an amazing woman, full of light.  She is prepared to take this next step and I'm honored we get to be there alongside her.

I'm grateful to Adam for encouraging us to go and making it possible. 

I'm grateful to Mark for walking home from rehearsal later since Adam will be dropping us at the airport.  He's a good kid.

Other things happened this week.  Monday we hosted around 30 neighbors for a potluck dinner at our house.  I hadn't met some of them and didn't know some of them well.  It was nice to get together.  (And finally put a face with the Lamborghini house--Mark was especially interested in getting to know who lives in that house.)

Tuesday we went to Emma's choir concert.


(I took this from Facebook.  She looks deceptively tall in this picture.  She isn't.  She was in the second row, on the floor in front of the risers and I couldn't see her.  I caught a glimpse every once in a while to know where she was standing but I couldn't see her face.  I suggested she bring a box to stand on next time.  I'm not sure if she'll obey....)

The concert was amazing.  I always love the PGHS choir concerts and this one really kicked it up a notch from that.  It was a showcase of all four choirs, Women's Chorus, Men's Chorus, Concert Choir and BYU Singers.  I thoroughly enjoyed each.  Three boys Braeden graduated with were in Men's Chorus and it was fun to see them singing again.  (They were all in PGHS Chamber Choir.)

After the concert Emma was sparkly with her dangly earrings and shiny costume.  She was also lit from within, delighted to have sung with her choir.

If there's anything better than happy children, I don't know what it is.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Emma is gorgeous. I wish I could have been at her concert!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails