Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Grateful Friday

Six Things I'm Grateful for Today

1) Mother Cannon

(We got the name from Desi.)  Emma has extra money on her meal card so we all had dinner at the Cannon Center last night.  Even though it's vastly different than when Adam and Robbie and Erin and Rachel and I ate dinner every night together at the Cannon Center, the fond memories persist.  Love me some Mother Cannon.

2) College

I love that it is hard for our kids.  That's good for them.  Also, they are lit from within sometimes with excitement about this or that.  BYU is pretty much dripping with opportunities and I'm grateful every day they are able to go there.

3) Junior High Drama

Maybe I should say theater.  There's always drama in junior high.  Mark is doggedly working on his lines.  It's great for him to also have something hard to do in his life.  Also, he and Braeden and Emma are scheming Mark's costume for his upcoming Midsummer's Night Dream performance which will be set in the 50s.  There's possibly a baby blue suit involved.

4) Plants

Yesterday I moved plants around.  I brought some inside, I threw some away, I repotted some pothos which I'm constantly in a state of regenerating (I may have too many but I can't stop myself).  I repotted my outdoor geraniums and decided Emma's room with it's lovely amount of winter sunshine was a perfect home for them.


I can even wheel the wagon out if she ever deigns to stay here overnight.

5) The library

I get giddy sometimes when I go there.  I leave with my bag overflowing with books I may or may not read but that's the best part.  Yesterday I found a modern retelling of Emma by Alexander McCall Smith.  Jane Austen and Alexander McCall Smith?  Literary dream team.

6) Adam

The more time I spend with him, the more I like him.  This strikes me as a good thing when I'm married to the guy.  We discuss current events and our children and what's going on in our world.  He encourages me when I'm discouraged and I try to do the same.  I also read aloud to him from Alexander McCall Smith.

7) My parents

Today they'll be around so we're going to lunch and to the temple.  Proximity for the win.

1 comment:

Gwilliam Fam said...

Stain of the day:). Loved our Freshman year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails