Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

How the rest of the weekend went

Adam and Braeden and Mark went to the Priesthood Session of conference so Emma and I hung out together Saturday evening.  We went to Magelby's for dinner.  We predicted how many men would be in the entire restaurant (which was packed).  I guessed three and she guessed six.  There were five.

Sitting across the table, Emma and I chatted and I just enjoy being with that girl.  We talked about BYU and her future plans and her friends.

On the way home we stopped at Walgreens for a prescription for me and my ring ding eye.  The pharmacy was closed but good news!  We didn't go home empty handed.  Emma bought a little cat that was painted to celebrate Dia de los Muertos.  I don't like Halloween but Day of the Dead is better.  I like the bright colors.  Emma named the cat Josefeline.  Because she's my clever girl.

I tried to convince her to stay the night and she didn't want to.  I had her give me five good reasons why she should drive back to Provo and she only came up with four.  I said I would give her five good reasons why she should stay and I could only think of four also.

The boys came home and I asked, "Braeden, are you staying here tonight?"

He said, "Heck yes!"

I said I was trying to convince Emma to stay and Braeden said, "You know guilt won't work."

And yes I do.  Emma was packing up her belongings (and Josefeline) and I said, "Emma, you know you're the most stubborn person in the world."

She said, "Yep."

Adam and Braeden and Mark and I stayed up late, talking.  We talked about the past year or so for our family and the lessons we've learned from some of the craziness.

I'm grateful for our family.  I love our children with a fierce mama bear love but I also just really really like them.  The older they get, the more they feel like friends.

Sunday we went across the street to the Porters for a brunch and to watch the first session of conference together.  It was an amazing spread of food.  Nola said she likes it better than Thanksgiving.  Between sessions of conference, we were treated to a concert by all the talented kids.  There was singing and piano playing and cello playing and more singing.  Garrett, one of the Porters' friends from IN who is attending BYU, played the piano laying on his back on the piano bench with his hands crossed above his head.  Maple Leaf Rag.  It was awesome.

We headed back across the street to watch the final session of conference, uplifted by the spiritual feast of conference, the literal feast from brunch and the wonderful talented kids.

I just love General Conference.  The older I get the shorter it seems to last.  I can't wait to read the talks and remember the way I felt.  I aspire to be more and to do better.

The kids stayed around until about 9:30 Sunday night.  We ate and played games and made plans and Adam crushed everyone's dreams at Yahtzee.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails