Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Friends

Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words. 
George Eliot

Braeden told me, "I think it's really nice the way you and Stephanie make an effort to let Mark and Gavin see each other."

It was nice of him to say but I had to tell him that it was hardly altruistic of me.

I want to see Stephanie.  And also, I love Gavin and want nothing more than his goodness to rub off on Mark.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon with Stephanie and Gavin.  It was easy like Sunday morning (an easy Sunday morning when you have 1:00 church and don't have to go to ward council...you know what I mean).  We threw some ideas around via text of where to eat lunch and ultimately let the teenage boys decide so it was Pizza Pie Cafe.  And let me reassure you, you get your money's worth at all-you-can-eat places like that when you take Mark and Gavin.

We sat there for almost two hours, two parallel conversations going on.  Stephanie and me.  Gavin and Mark.

From there we decided to take the boys bowling but then Paisley, Stephanie's basketball star daughter, called.  We decided to leave the boys bowling and go get pedicures.

In Washington, Stephanie and I got pedicures together a few times.  I've only had one pedicure since I've moved here and I think I learned something about myself.  For me, pedicures are a social occasion.  More fun with a friend.

We chatted the day away just like always.  And I know I've said it before but how I value my friends!  I don't have a lot of really close friends in my neighborhood now and I miss it.  I'm grateful for intermittent happy visits with Stephanie and texts and phone calls with Janet (and I'll see them both in August).

They'll likely never know how much they mean to me.

I didn't take any pictures of yesterday but I have bright pink toenails and every time I see them, I smile and remember.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails